Thursday, April 30, 2015

Thankful Thursday April 30


Good Morning Campers!!  It's Thankful Thursday!!  What are you thankful for today??  I'm thankful that even though I've been scared to try something, I did it anyway!!  And the Results have been Beyond I could have ever imagined!!  At one point of my career, I considered going back to school. The question of "What do you want to be when you grow up??" resonated with me.  And I began to go over memories of being a little kid and answering that question... I've said Nurse, but nah, I don't like body fluids. I've said Astronaut...and my brother worked on the Space Shuttle so I got my fix that way. I also said teacher.  So I began to think about that.  But I don't like English,  Science, History...none of the interests me. So I began to dig deeper and realized I really want to Make a Difference in Other People's Lives and I am Absolutely Passionate about my Industry!! So I decided to go back to school to be a Cosmetology Instructor... Best of Both Worlds!!  Had to work part time and go to school full time,  which means starting over...After receiving the training and my license, I went to work in a salon where I was an assistant ( the bottom and do grunt work)  Starting over again!!  I was Terrified in both of these circumstances and I Did it Anyway!!   And within 6 months,  I was through the assistant program and was asked to be the Educational Director  at a new location. This was my goal but it was Beyond I could have imagined!! It was the best experience of my life and made Life Long friends and trained hundreds of people over ten years!  I made a difference in their lives!! 
Now,  one of those people that I trained won Hairstylist of the Year in Denver!!  I'm Beyond Thrilled for this person!!  Why??  When we can be Happy for another person's Success,  it is as rewarding as if we accomplished the same. When we put another person down for their accolades, it makes us fail in our goals. When we can Encourage, Empower andLift  another person,  we achieve Greatness Beyond our Wildest Imagination, cause we made a difference in that person's life!!  So May you Empower,  Encourage and Lift Up those around you and may you be able to be empowered to Go After Your Own Heart's Desires!! Happy Thankful Thursday!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment