Thursday, January 8, 2015

Thankful Thursday January 8

Good Morning Sunshine!!  It's #ThankfulThursday!! What are you #thankful for today??   I'm thankful for Rest and Recovery.  For many many years, I burned the candles at both ends. Running from school to job to socializing with friends.  As I've gotten older, I've slowed down substantially. However, over my Christmas "staycation" I rested. Slept. Watched movies. Read. Had no agenda. And guess what...  It was awesome!!  My days of working 6 days a week are over. My days of being a workaholic... Done!  I've done it for too long. The more I do the less I get accomplished. My goal this year is to take more time to Rest and Recover.  Not just from my Work Outs but also my from Business. When we overwork our brains, our muscles and our spirits, we overwhelm our systems and get bogged down!  College athletes are on a strict 'don't over do it' schedule,  but we are not.  Unions are in place so we don't overwork our employees but as owners we don't follow those rules. Even Mother Teresa needed time to rest so she could go out to take care of others but we don't. So here's to making Rest and Recover part of my Life!! I'm thankful for the time I have rested and recovered already!!   May you find time in your schedule to Rest, Recover and Restore so you can be better and accomplish more.  And then when you see someone else burned out, reach out and encourage them to Rest and Recover. Happy Thankful Thursday!! 

PS I know the picture is Christmasy but I thought the message was great and oh so cute!! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment